2018 H-D® Harley-Davidson Street® 500
2018 Harley-Davidson Street® 500
- Take on the urban grid with 500 cc of easy-handling, blacked-out Harley-Davidson® Dark Custom™ style.
- Length 87.2 in.
- Seat Height, Laden 7 25.7 in.
- Seat Height, Unladen 28.3 in.
- Ground Clearance 5.7 in.
- Rake (steering head) (deg) 32
- Trail 4.5 in.
- Wheelbase 59.8 in.
- Tires, Front Specification 100/80 R17
- Tires, Rear Specification 140/75 R15
- Fuel Capacity 3.5 gal.
- Oil Capacity (w/filter) 3.3 qt.
- Weight, As Shipped 492 lb.
- Weight, In Running Order 514 lb.
- Wheels, Front Type 9 Black, 7-spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type Black, 7-spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type 2-piston floated front and rear
Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps
8 High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning
3.5 inch electronic speedometer with high beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, blade key ignition and fork lock, and locking gas cap
- Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2.
- Values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region.
- Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country.
- See motorcycle owner’s manual for complete details.
- Estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary.
- Prices listed are the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices for base models. Options such as color are available at additional cost. Prices exclude tax, title, licensing, registration fees, destination charges, added accessories, and additional dealer charges, if any, and are subject to change. Harley-Davidson reimburses dealers for performing manufacturer-specified pre-delivery inspection and setup tasks. Dealer prices may vary.
- Measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren.
- Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region.
Vehicles depicted may differ from vehicles manufactured and delivered. Specifications and prices listed may differ from specifications and prices of vehicles manufactured and delivered. All product descriptions (including depictions, specifications, dimensions, measurements, ratings and competitive comparisons) are based on available information at the time of publication.Although such descriptions are believed correct, errors and changes can occur and complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Harley-Davidson® may make changes at any time to prices and specifications, and may change or discontinue models, without notice and without incurring any obligation.Attention: Vehicles in the configurations shown and many of the accessories described in this catalog may not be available for sale or use in some locations. Please check with your dealer for complete product details and the latest information.All models feature 6-speed transmission (V-Rod™ models and Sportster® models are 5-speed) and carbon fiber belt final drive; multi-plate clutch with diaphragm spring in oil bath; and 2-year unlimited mileage warranty.
- A hot night on the town never felt better. The action goes from stoplight to stoplight, boulevard to back alley. At the center of it all you carve through heat, chaos and gridlock with ease. You get a liquid-cooled Revolution X™ engine loaded with torque and built to thrive in stop and go traffic. A light frame with an easy lock-to-lock handlebar sweep for quick moves. And dark styling details like blacked out pipes, café-style windscreen and fork gaiters to put the edge on the look. Got any plans for the evening?
- Low Speed Maneuverability: The rake and trail angles on the front end of the Harley-Davidson Street® 500 motorcycle are optimized for low speed maneuverability. So at low speeds, the ride is predictable.
- 3.5-inch Electronic Speedometer: The Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle gives you a handlebar mounted, 3.5-inch electronic speedometer with odometer, trip meter and LED indicator lights. We even added a hot coolant light to make sure you’re keeping the jugs running at a nice even temp. It’s all the information you need, in a clean tight package.
- Six-Speed Transmission: The Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle gives you six gears to work with when you’re out tearing up the city streets. A smooth-shifting 6-speed transmission makes it easy to stay in the powerband when traffic is stop-and-go. And when the road opens up, sixth gear lets you drop the engine into a nice, easy groove for a long, comfortable ride at highway speeds.
- Specially Tuned Shocks: Like everything else on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle, the shocks are built to meet the demands of urban riding. They’re dialed in for the weight of the bike, the geometry of the frame, the position of the rider and rough, urban pavement. You get excellent handling and a smooth ride.
- Two-Up Seat with Passenger Footpegs: You might start out the evening riding solo, but there's always the chance you're not going to end it that way. A two-up seat with footpegs for your passenger means you can invite someone to go for a ride. Or say "Hop on" when someone asks.
- Skinny 17-inch Front Wheel, 15-inch Rear Wheel: Out front on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle you’ve got a skinny 17-inch wheel. It’s the ultimate combination of a skinny width for light handling and a large diameter for getting over and around rough urban infrastructure. It’s matched to a 15-inch wheel in the rear. We built this motorcycle for the city. And these wheels are rolling proof of that fact.
- 60.4-inch Wheelbase: On tight streets, you need a motorcycle built to execute tight turns and nimble moves. With a wheelbase of just 60.4 inches, the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle is made for maneuvering in small spaces. The wheelbase also means the machine responds quickly to your inputs at higher speeds.
- Light Lift-Off Force: Low weight and a low center of gravity mean it doesn’t take a lot of muscle to tip the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle up off its side stand. This bike is easy to handle. Even when it’s stopped.
- Low Seat Height 28 Inches: When you’re astride the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle, the ground is within easy reach of your boot soles. The seat height is just 28 inches. And the frame and seat are narrow, which makes for an even easier reach. The advantages of a low seat also shine when the light turns green. It gives you a low center of gravity for confidence when you’re negotiating traffic, just rolling slow through a parking lot looking for a spot.
- Single Disc Brakes with Dual Piston Caliper: Confidence in your brakes is the flip side of confidence in your engine. If you want a great ride, you need to have both. The Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle gives you fast-stopping single disc brakes with dual piston calipers.
- Mid-Mount Controls: Slightly forward mid-mount foot controls on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle put you in a riding position that keeps you comfortable, but confident and ready to maneuver. The mid-mount controls also keep the ground in easy reach when it’s time to stop. In 110 years, we’ve tried every different riding position known to riders. This one works in the urban grid.
- Easy Lock-To-Lock Handlebar Sweep: Bring on any obstacle the city can throw in your path. Quick turns and moves come easy on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle. The pullback handlebar and light front end make sweeping the steering from lock to lock light and easy.
- Liquid-Cooled Revolution X Engine: The liquid-cooled Revolution X engine that powers the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle is 494 cubic centimeters of genuine Harley-Davidson® V-twin built to thrive in high temperatures and heavy traffic. Liquid-cooling means it maintains temperature and performance. Bring on the stop-and-go traffic. The Street 500 stays cool and ready to respond instantly to your throttle hand. And you can count on this: every cubic centimeter of the 494 cc Revolution X engine is pure Harley-Davidson. 60-degree cylinders. 4 valves per head. And plenty of low-end torque. You don’t have to be winding the RPMs up to five figures to feel the strength and character of this engine. It’s built to give you a soul-satisfying ride at the kind of RPMs you find yourself riding at on city streets.
- Ergonomic Brake and Clutch Lever: Trust us, when you’re burning daylight going from stoplight to stoplight the brake and clutch levers can give you a workout. So we upgraded to a more ergonomic design to keep the palms of your hands from seizing up.
- Improved Neutral Switch: Let’s say you pull up to a stoplight, and the crowd starts filling the crosswalk. You want to kick it into neutral and crack the throttle. Just to give them a taste. What you don’t want to do is spoil the moment by missing neutral. The Harley-Davidson Street 500 comes with a refined neutral switch to make sure that doesn’t happen.
- New Foundation Brake System: Like riding itself, you can never go too far when it comes to a bike’s brakes. This is why we went the distance to make the brake system of each Harley-Davidson Street model a shining example of performance, fit and finish. You have 300 mm brake rotors and a powerful, stylized front caliper with 34 mm pistons and stylized rear caliper to match. Other system features include an improved all-aluminum integrated rear master cylinder with reservoir, all-aluminum front master cylinder with reduced friction and higher efficiency, and stainless steel braided lines. It all adds up to more confidence on the road and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
- Optimized Rake and Trail Angles: Perfecting the chassis geometry is our way of making sure your Harley-Davidson Street motorcycle feels, and looks, like nothing else on the street. So engineering put in the long nights to optimize the rake and trail angles. You’ll notice it in the crisp, confident handling and low-speed maneuverability. You'll also notice it in the long, menacing profile when you nudge the rear wheel up against the curb and give the world a show.
- Premium Paint: The Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle gets the kind of paint that has made Harley-Davidson the benchmark for color on a motorcycle for as long as anyone can remember. You can expect deep, rich paint polished to a flawless finish. We take fanatical pride in the work we do in our paint shop. That’s one more reason you can take fanatical pride in the Street 500 when it’s parked on the curb at your address.
- Belt Final Drive: Power on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle gets to the rear wheel via smooth, low-maintenance, rock-solid belt final drive. There’s no chain to tighten or oil. This technology has been proven over billions of miles by millions of riders. There’s no better way to get power to the pavement.
- Locking Gas Cap, Fork Lock and Ignition Lock: The Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle features a locking gas cap, a fork lock that prevents the front wheel from being turned when it’s engaged and an ignition lock.
- True Harley-Davidson Sound: Some motorcycles make noise. The Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle makes sound. The deep, thumping Harley-Davidson rumble that doesn’t demand attention, but gets it anyway. We take the sound of every motorcycle we make very seriously. And tune it to perfection in our state-of-the-art sound facility in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin USA. When you hear the sound pouring out of the upswept muffler on the Street 500 model, you’ll have no doubt we took the time to get it right. This is the note that instantly says “Harley-Davidson”. There is no mistaking it. Real, authentic and instantly credible on the street.
- Premium Harley-Davidson Details: The pride that comes from owning a Harley-Davidson motorcycle doesn’t go up and down with the price of the machine. Because if we’re going to build a motorcycle, we build it right. We don’t cut corners. We don’t skimp. Check out the details on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle if you have any question about that. Yes, it’s an affordable motorcycle, but the kind of details and craftsmanship you expect from a Harley-Davidson are all there. Steel teardrop tank. Steel fenders. Premium paint. Chrome tank emblem. Painstaking fit and finish. The list goes on. Long story short, we never settle for “good enough”. Life is too short for that.
- Metal Teardrop Tank and Fenders: A Harley-Davidson fuel tank has to answer a higher calling than just holding gasoline. And Harley-Davidson fenders have to do more than keep what’s on the road off of you. This isn’t just about transportation. This is about a machine that stirs your soul. That’s why the teardrop fuel tank and fenders on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle are metal. This is about riding the real steel. You can’t build that with plastic.
- Café-Inspired Speed Screen: Note the café-inspired speed screen on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle. This is a look that was born in the outlaw street custom culture of the ‘70s brought forward for modern times. Our roots run deep into the history of custom motorcycles. Sometimes that history rides again in a whole new way.
- LED Tail Light and Mini Bullet Turn Signals: A LED tail light and mini bullet turn signals come standard on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle. Sleek, modern, custom touches like this are what put the distance between the Street 500 motorcycle and the common machines you see rolling up and down the boulevard.
- Blacked-Out Front End: Stand in front of the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle and give it the once over. You’ll notice a black café-inspired speed screen, black fork gators and lowers. Even the pullback handlebars are black. All that black is there for a reason. This is the latest Harley-Davidson Dark Custom™ motorcycle. Stripped down, raw, aggressive. And featuring plenty of black.
- Black Two-Into-One Exhaust: You’re looking at the first all-black exhaust to roll out of a Harley-Davidson factory since the ‘70s, when it debuted on the original Café Racer. Black pipes frame the blacked-out Revolution X V-twin engine and feed into an aggressive, upswept black muffler. There’s no chrome to polish here. Just raw, blacked-out custom attitude.
- A Blank Canvas for Customizing: We didn’t design the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle to be completely finished when it rolls out of the factory. We designed it to be the ultimate platform for your own custom style and attitude. Your dealer can show you a whole range of custom accessories for adding your personal touch. Once you start, there’s no limit to how far you can go.
- Chrome Tank Medallion: The piece of chrome you’ll notice standing out on the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle is the all Harley-Davidson tank medallion. Where other manufacturers might put a decal, we put a three-dimensional steel badge. And then make it shine to match the pride that comes from riding a premium machine through the streets of your city.
- Black Cast Aluminum Wheels: The Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle rolls through the city on black cast aluminum wheels. If you’re the type of rider who likes a dark, aggressive, no-nonsense look, these are the type of wheels you’ll like.
- Revolution X Engine Styling: Let your eye take a run over the Harley-Davidson Street 500 motorcycle. This is an exercise in blacked-out, Harley-Davidson Dark Custom style and aggression. It starts with the finish on the all-new Revolution X engine. Notice the blacked-out heads and the black air cleaner cover. And the black cylinders highlighted by polished metal fins to bring out the aggressive lines of this iconic 60-degree V-twin. The Street 500 motorcycle is a dark take on pure, stripped-down street custom attitude. The Revolution X engine sets the stage. It just keeps getting darker from there.
- Vivid Black Request a Quote
- Black Denim Request a Quote
- Velocity Red Sunglo Request a Quote
- Superior Blue Request a Quote
- California emissions Request a Quote